Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adults

Lets discuss a few things. I'd like to consider myself a stand up guy, and for the most part, I tend to have a grasp on what is reality. As adults, I would like to think we all have that, but what I think and what is sometimes tend to be polar opposites. So lets get some grown man, logical thoughts out in the open.

Pursuit: As a non-lame dude, I try and take the hints. If I'm calling you, offering to do this and that, planning nice things to do for you and I am not getting much of a response, I'm going to fall back. I am no tupac, dont tease me, i dont enjoy or respond well to that. I'm not saying give me the booty instantly, but dont feel like you need to play hard to get. If you are worth being with, I will appreciate you for that, not because you made me take you out for 2 months and acted uninterested every time. Be you, isnt that what I'm after anyway? If you suddenly become this difficult, boring person, dont get mad when I stop calling you.

Dates/dating: You're cool and I'd like to take you out. As a gentlemen, since I invited you out, I feel like its my duty to take care of that evening. You may not know me well, so I understand if you want to drive yourself rather than have me come pick you up, but outside of that, I've got the evening covered. Depending on how well that evening goes, we may have further communication, and depending on how well that goes, I may requests a second outing. Again, my invitation, its all on me. This is when I tend to make a few observations. Some women think they are slick... if everytime we talk you say you are hungry and suggest some extravagant restaurant, unless you distinctly say you got this one or something along those lines, you're trying to be slick. If you never respond when I hit you up but then hit me up like clockwork the day before we went out last week (we went out wednesday so you hit me up tuesday of next week) and ask if I wanna do something, you're trying to be slick. If you're not feeling me, cool, but this aint about to be your regular solution for that one night out of the week you dont want to cook!

Tests: Plan and Simple, dont test me. You dont like a man to order for you, dont tell me in detail what you want at dinner and wait to see if I try and relay the message to the waiter. You like a man to hold a door open for you, dont rush to the door to see if I'm gonna sprint to beat you there to hold it for you.

Visits: Yes, we are adults. And as adults we set our own curfews. I could chose to stay out til 3am on a tuesday if I want. Thats my right. But if you want to hang out with me at my house, after 10pm mon-thursday, you better not be coming over to watch tv, or just talk. Sure, you could really want to come over and play madden, and you might come at 7 and not leave until 1am. That has happened. But if you leave your house at 10:45 and bring a bag, you need to know that at some point my intentions will be to get a mouthful handful of something. This does not apply to out of town guests, unless that has already happened. Nor does this apply to the homies, the forreal homies, and if you dont know if you're a forreal homie, then it would be in you're best interest not to arrive at my house after 10pm just to hang out.

Cute is not an excuse: As I am not a multi-billionaire, I have no intention of having a trophy wife. Even if I was, I doubt I will ever accept a women into my life whose job is to spend my money. Thats what children are for. I had a discussion with some friends a few days ago about tradition roles in a relationship. At one point in my life I was open to whatever. I thought," its the 21st century, women dont have to cook and clean like the once did." LOL. I accepted girlfriends that couldn't cook and didnt clean well. Yet I was still expected to take out the trash, change the blown lights, make more money and kill that spider. Well shit geez, can I get the daddy piece of chicken and an ironed shirt in return!? I'm not necessarily looking to have you barefoot and preggers ( you can if you want, but there's a long conversation that needs to proceed that) nor do I expect you to do ALL the cleaning and cooking at ALL times. BUT, it does seem that the majority of beautiful women under 30 that i've met feel like they are excused from bringing assets to the table because of their appearance, yet still expect men to get 95+ on their 100 point checklist.

Lastly, ask and you shall receive: Its an age old saying, but is the truth. Obviously there is a time of discovery and somethings are actually better done in that manner, but if there is a specific need or want, say so. No appropriate examples here ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment