Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Sex, Love and Relationships

Just a quick overview of the three and how they can relate in the perspective of one male specimen.

Relationships. There are two main categories here. Sexual and Non sexual. But these categories can be broken down further.
Sexual Relationship Types-
- My boo
- A person I have sex with.
My boo is pretty obvious. This is a person that I am in an active relationship with. Within this relationship, there will be some recognizable traits of love, for me at least.

Now a person I have sex with is a little more complicated. There are two types of people that can fit into this group. One who I had previously shared a non-sexual relationship with, and one who I had sex with and developed a sexual relationship. These situations have the potential to escalate into a boo scenario. They can also remain in one of two states. Someone I am cool with that I may occasionally have sex with, and someone I have sex with that I might occasionally hangout with. It is literally that simple. In most cases, I know where you reside and will let you know if you have any questions about your position.

Non-Sexual Relationship Types-
- Family
- Like Family
- Friend

Family, is just that. No explanation needed.

Like family are those that I love and respect as dearly as my God-given family. Only difference is that I hand picked them myself.

Friends. I consider almost everyone I know, and get along with, a friend. I guess this would be what most people would call an associate. But in an effort to be nice to everyone, I just call everyone friend. Those I am closest to, would fit into the aforementioned group.

Exceptions. I have a few ex girlfriends that I would consider like family. I have had like family friends that are only there because they chose to be; they could easily go to boo.

Love
Who you love is not a choice. If you think you can pick and chose who you love, you probably have never experienced true love. That is how I distinguish between my friends and my like family folks. That is how I decide to move a person I have sex with to a boo. While it may or may not be full blown love, there are tale-tale signs that indicate to me that that is what's happening.

Sex
It seems that this is the most confusing. Let me start of by saying that this includes all sexually driven activity; i.e., kissing. I am a man. As a man, I have a natural desire to...uhhh... "plant seed." If a woman I find worthy of said seed shows ANY sign of willingness to receiving said seed, I will engage. No, that doesnt mean I will just jump on that. What it does mean is that will talk, flirt and do whatever else i deem necessary to further determine the merit of her candidacy; UNLESS, I have a reason not to such as a personal agenda that this may effect negatively, or another woman that I am actively pursuing.

Through reading this, I hope that you noticed a few things.
1) Sex stands alone. With Love and Relationships, there is potential for overlap within all three areas. But when sex is the initial subject, there is not relation to the other two. Moral of this story. If one just wants to have sex with you, thats what it is, just sex. If one seeks a relationship or love, sex is still on the table, but not necessarily a driving factor.
2) Roles are not constants. They must be discussed. One may want to be in a relationship with you, but in 30 days, you may have done something to change that... but that doesnt mean that person wouldn't let you hold some of their spludge if given the chance! In addition, the desire to do so is not ones attempt to lead anyone on. Within any relationship type, communication is Key.

While this is just an account from one man, I'd like to believe that the lessons learned here are universal.

No comments:

Post a Comment