Thursday, June 24, 2010

Set Apart

Everyone is unique. Everyone is an individual. But not because of specific traits. The complete package is what sets us apart. I sure I dont do any particular thing that makes me any different from anyone else, but the collection of my experiences, my faith, my morals, and my short comings define me like none other.

For those that don't know me, I want to touch on somethings that I think people should know about me. Some good, some bad, some just facts. We've been discussing relationships a lot and I want to go a little deeper. We've mostly talked about surface things, but if you dont know/cant deal with the little quirks a person has, it could lead to an unnecessary amount of stress. So here are mine!

I am very loyal. EXTREMELY. Most times it is a positive trait, but other times it can be taken the wrong way. Anyone that I truly consider a friend, I will pretty much do anything for, as long as I don't feel that I am being taken advantage of. I could really like someone, be out with them, but if I get a 911 text from a close friend, I'm on it, and I hope the other person understands. I feel like I lost a great girl over that once upon a time.

Contrarily, once I gave you my loyalty and you lose it... lets just say I can be not so nice. I become very short, cynical, easily annoyed and pretty much all-around unpleasant. Now that I know that about myself, I try, but have yet to successfully lose faith in a person and still treat them like a true friend.

I am a multi-tasking dynamo. Whether it be working and watching the world cup, or playing video games and listening to you talk. I can do it, and usually I will try to. So dont assume I'm not listening to you. But also, dont be mad at me if you decided to try and talk to me while I'm playing Halo. That was a personal choice on your part.

I am not a phone person. I dont want to talk on the phone with you everyday. Its not you. really! its me. You can come over everyday and hang out. We can go out. I can see you all the time. Just dont expect me to be on the phone everyday until 1am. Its just not me. I might make an exception for a week, but after that, you better come see me or get gchat on your phone. But even with that, I get busy. Between my frat, my job, my other job and my extra-curriculars, I'm not going to always respond immediately, or even that day. Which reminds me of a story, but we'll save that for the pet peeves blog... coming later today hopefully.

I have been blessed to have a great friend/girlfriend over the last almost 5 years. It wasnt just one, but they all came back to back to back so I was well taken care of for those 5 years. I say that to say that I have the tendency to expect certain things to be done. That is a large portion of the reason that I am taking my time before I actively pursue anything. Not that I am a dependent person, but I have no problem falling back into that relationship role, where I take the garbage out, buy most of the groceries and clean only when someone is telling me they need me to. So if we are hanging out getting to know each other, and I start to kinda pull away, its because I know me and I dont want to fall back into that role until I prove a few things to myself. Again, that leads me right into the next blog... but I digress.

Lastly, for this entry at least, I am a nice guy. The issue there is that everything that I would say, genuinely, as a nice guy, has been said to every female on earth by 100 not-so-nice guys. So I dont really approach woman like that. I hate when I out just being me, and someone takes it as a game or a mac that I'm trying to lay down. So I dont even try. What I will do is be me at all times and hope that after a while you'll realize that its not a front. But that doesnt currently apply anyway, since I'm on a hiatus!

Anyway, thats a little about me. I hope you know yourself well enough to know, and share your little quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment