Monday, June 07, 2010

Struggling

One of my favorite movies is Men of Honor. Not because of the story itself. Not because of the great acting(though this was probably the last time I saw Cuba act, before he started doing movies like snow dog, rat race, and boat trip.) *If you haven't seen them, don't worry, you aren't missed anything. Anyway, I love this movie because of the way it makes me feel after. Things of this fashion always inspire me. Watching someones struggle to succeed always makes me appreciate what I have a lot more, but also motivates me to get out there and truly follow my dreams. But the feeling is fleeting.

Which brings me to the struggle. How does one maintain motivation? I cannot watch this movie everyday and actually have time to do anything else. Pictures on the mirror in the morning dont work. I go to the gym everyday for a few weeks and dont see results. I go out less, cook at home more, but then somehow, the exact amount of money I've saved is required to maintain my life, and I'm right back at zero.

I've been very lucky. Not a bad life. God has blessed me, even when I probably didnt deserve it. But now I am consciously seeking to do better; to be better. But now it seems like I can't catch a break. Not that God is no longer blessing me. But things don't seem to be coming as easy as I am use too. Not a terrible thing, just different. I've done a few things in my life to prove to myself who I am. Like I said, I haven't had to struggle. But in an effort to make sure I can handle my own, I put myself out there. So for now, I can only hope to take it day by day. I have no choice but to motivate myself. Come up with an image in my head of what I want and where I want to be. Let those random motivations be no more than a supplement to the constant, consistent drive I have for myself.

But enough about me. What keeps you motivated? How do you keep your eye on the prize? I'm sure we can all help each other. You're probably doing something that could really help someone else!

Sorry if these reads a little rushed, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment