Monday, June 28, 2010

Truth

I consider myself a pretty honest person. Sometimes too much so for the liking of others. But I find that there are multiple levels of truth. One is able to ignore some truths to make other truths more relevant, or hold a greater impact to justify ones actions. Like, I didnt spend any money last week at the club, so I should have extra money to buy whatever the hotness is. Ignoring the fact that you just got a tax adjustment that says you owe the IRS $600 more because of something you didnt claim 3 years ago. (Sidenote: you might get away with it today, but the IRS will find you, believe me). Peoples feelings can also impact the type of truth we give/receive. You dont want to tell your kids they can't be president one day because they arent smart enough (and after G-Dubb, that may not even be an issue). You also might not want to tell your booty call they have no chance of being with you for fear of losing that guaranteed action! But how do you determine what kind of truth to tell?
Me personally, I'm tired of it. So for as long as I can, I'm going to do my best to tell the absolute truth. So if you're reading this, and you want to know something, here's your chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment